Due to continued growth and workshop expansion MRDS are looking for a workshop technician to join and add to our workshop team. Previous experience with repair and servicing of equipment from within the drilling package including traveling equipment, top drives mud pumps and drawworks would be an advantage.
– Carry strip clean and inspection of equipment within the workshop environment.
– Use of measuring equipment including micrometers and verniers.
– Complete job documentation and inspection reports.
– Carry out equipment function test with customer or third part representatives.
– Maintain housekeeping standards within the workshop environment.
– Carry out routine maintenance tasks on workshop equipment.
– Previous experience of working on drilling equipment.
– Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
– Ability to troubleshoot mechanical / hydraulic problems utilizing troubleshooting tools.
– Time served technician with HNC or services equivalent.